Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God answers prayers even when He's last choice!

God chooses to bless us even when we make Him last...Confident that Fry's would be the fix all for my laptop's surgical needs I hauled it in to the customer service department. He returned after a brief time with my service agreement in hand and said, "The "P" can be fixed under our service agreement and the agreement allows a replace computer for you to use while it is being serviced." I was cautiously happy. The service agreements I have purchased in the past have not been what I thought they might be and ended in a total waste of the dollar spent. On top of that grim news, Fry's has not always been my best friend. Just when I thought it was going to be different he comes back with a parting comment, "but I see the "e" looks like it has a drop of sticky something around it; which makes the e not covered in the service agreement." I said, "Well I do not know about the sticky but I would not be surprised, however, I am not worried about the “e” because it is working and the "p" is not." This man speaking is the one who has the nametag on representing Frys and his eyes have that threatening look of one in authority so I decide to politely listen. I am still optimistic that with the clarity I just gave him about the “e” he will reconsider what he is thinking but he does not. He continues, "You see this means that if we fix the p that is covered with a new keyboard then the e which appears to have a sticky residue around it would be fixed too and it is not covered due to liquid damage. It negates the loaner computer and would take 12-16 weeks because we would send it off to get fixed. You would be charged for parts and labor which will amount to $40.00 for labor and the keyboard we don’t carry and would have to send for which is around $180.00." Being a naive consumer I could not understand what the working e with the sticky residue had to do with the non-functional p so I ask. Obviously I was not able to be very clear or convincing as he just handed me the computer back without a word or any sign of a crack on his face remotely resembling a smile. I said, "Well I guess this leaves me no alternative but to pray about it. God has a fix and I just have to hear it." The guy looked at me in astonishment as if I were crazed. I really did not think too much about his look because he looked at me as if I were crazed when I said the working e had nothing to do with the service agreement because I came about the non-functional p. It took me a few minutes to gather all the stuff back in one of my many bags I always carry so it gave the man time for one last question: Do you really plan to ask God to fix your p on your computer? I looked at him and said, "Well sadly to say when I came in here it never occurred to me to ask God I just figured my service agreement with Fry's would be honored. The next thing I must admit is when I said it I did not mean it as I was just being a frustrated jerk. I guess the frustration alone is enough to ask the Lord about and I might as well see if He would fix the P" The man said, "Did He fixed the p?" I said, "I don't know I have not tried it out yet." The guy laughed and said "Be sure to call me at Frys if God tells you." I turned and left and as I walked by a counter there was a can of something called "dust off" for $1.99. It caught my attention but I left it. I walked by the door and there was another table with "dust off" on it but it was $16.99. It must have been the deluxe version. It was at that moment I went back to the $1.99 table bought it took it home sprayed it on the p and started typing. God puts up with me consistently making Him my last choice. I can not believe He loves me so. It sounds so cheesy, but it was really a big need and He fixed it even though I came to him as the very last resort! It was not an accident. I did not happen to buy the right product. God just blessed me in His grace and His mercy. Something so small...a non-functional "p" what a blessing for a really big need! God is just soooo good!

1 comment:

  1. Praise GOD (with a capital P)! I know the troubles you've had with Fry's and the lack of service you've received there. Who sent you there to buy a computer in the first place?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete